Meet the Owners!
David P. Brungo, BSPT, MBA, MS, AIB-VA, AIB-VRII
Born in Pittsburgh, PA, David has followed his passion through extensive education and training. A licensed Physical Therapist since 1990, he is committed to providing superior quality physical therapy to adults of all ages, with a special emphasis on older persons. He is the sole physical therapist at Summerville PT & Balance and has over 30 years of PT experience serving adults. David opened his own private practice in January of 2017 and has since been recognized annually as being among the very best physical therapy providers in the area.
David has worked in multiple settings including:
- Medical/Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
- Acute Care Hospitals
- Outpatient Clinics
- Home Health Agencies
- Skilled Nursing and Rehab Centers
David’s Previous Employers Include:
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH, Bethesda, MD)
- John Heinz Medical Rehabilitation Hospital (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- Greenwood Regional Rehabilitation Hospital (Greenwood, SC)
- Carolinas Hospital System – Marion (Marion, SC)
David’s educational credentials include:
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy, Northwestern University
- Master of Science in Gerontology, University of Massachusetts Boston (Boston, MA)
- Master of Business Administration, Point Park College (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Level 2 Certification in Vestibular Rehabilitation from the American Institute of Balance (Largo, FL)
- Certification in Vestibular Assessment from the American Institute of Balance (Largo, FL)
Rhonda also hails from Pittsburgh, PA, and has extensive business office management experience working for quality-oriented organizations that focus on serving the needs of older adults. She’s “the other 90%” of the practice.
Co-Owner and Office Director, Rhonda is an expert at all things related to running the organization’s business matters effectively and efficiently, from handling your questions over the phone to managing the company’s finances. If you need anything at all, Rhonda is your singular point of contact who can get you the answers you need. Clients love Rhonda’s smile and professionalism and regularly comment on how wonderful and easy she is to work with 100% of the time!
She also loves her family and is the very best Mommy to the family dogs, Lilly and Rosie.
David and Rhonda moved to the Summerville area to become part of this beautiful city and to share their knowledge and their unique Mission.
To become the premier provider of outpatient physical therapy services for adults and seniors in the greater Summerville/Knightsville, SC region, with a focused interest in restoring maximum function, optimizing balance and safety, fall prevention and mitigation of painful conditions to improve quality of life.